Plastic Products for Administrative Offices
This includes recycling/composting/trash containers, trash can liners, office products, etc.
- Recycling, composting and trash receptacles can easily be found with recycled content. These products are usually made from recycled high density polyethylene (HDPE) or polypropylene (PP), which can be derived from milk jugs, detergent bottles and yogurt cups.
- Many plastic office products are now being made with recycled content as well.
- Trash can liners that include a minimum of 10% post-consumer resin, which is the federal standard, can contribute to Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) points. This is low density polyethylene (LDPE) or HDPE material, which may be sourced from stretch wrap or from post-consumer bags and film recycled from grocery stores.
The product shall meet or exceed the federal CPG guidelines for post-consumer recycled content.
Resources for additional information:
- GSA Environmental Program Aisle - https://www.gsaadvantage.gov/advantage/ws/search/special_category_search?cat=ADV.ENV
- 2007 CPG Buy Recycled Series – Non-Paper Office Products