Other Parks and Recreation Products
This includes running track surfaces, sports turf, playground surfaces, etc.
- The above-mentioned products are all included in the EPA CPG’s Parks and Recreation Products list, with recommendations for recycled content percentage levels.
- Running track, sports turf, and playground surfaces can be made from recycled rubber.
- The product shall meet or exceed the federal CPG guidelines for post-consumer recycled content.
- Playground surfaces shall meet certain performance standards to reduce head injuries, including ASTM F 1292.
- Playground surfacing must also comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, which provides that mobility-impaired persons cannot be prohibited from access.
Resources for additional information:
- Federal Research on Recycled Tire Crumb Use on Playing Fields - https://www.epa.gov/chemical-research/federal-research-recycled-tire-crumb-used-playing-fields
- EPA CPG - https://www.epa.gov/smm/comprehensive-procurement-guidelines-park-and-recreation-products