This includes Parking Stops, Traffic Cones, Traffic Barricades, Delineators, etc.
- The above-mentioned products are all included in the EPA CPG’s Transportation Products list, with recommendations for recycled content percentage levels.
- Parking stops can be made with rubber, plastic, or concrete that contains recovered materials.
- Traffic cones can be made with recycled plastic or rubber.
- Traffic barricades can be made with recycled plastic, steel or fiberglass.
- Delineators and channelizers can be made with recycled plastic, rubber or steel.
- The product shall meet or exceed the federal CPG guidelines for post-consumer recycled content.
- The Federal Highway Administration's Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices contains specifications for the size, shape, mounting and placement of temporary traffic control devices.
Resources for additional information:
- Federal Highway Administration - https://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/
- EPA CPG - https://www.epa.gov/smm/comprehensive-procurement-guidelines-transportation-products